What Nana can resist preparing sweet treats for her grands? Not this one.
This little guy loves to eat everything— including blueberry popsicles. Click here to find the original recipe. I left out the liquid sweetener.
His older cousin prefers Coconut Lemon Doughnuts.
Without compromising flavor I modified the original recipe to make them healthier by using:
- Raw Sugar
- Fresh Ground White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (to replace the Coconut Oil and Lite Coconut Milk)
- Few drops of lemon essential oil to replace the lemon juice (my lemon wasn’t juicy)
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar in the Frosting (instead of 1 cup)
- Almond Milk to create the correct frosting consistency (and replace the lemon juice and coconut milk)
- Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
They were delicious! If you don’t have a doughnut pan, use a regular or mini muffin tin.
After several doughnuts (but who’s counting?) they tasted too sweet for my preference.
There weren’t any complaints from the boys though. Both will return for more.
A plate of fruit is our typical end to a meal.
This creamy dessert has two ingredients: bananas and strawberries, both frozen. Yum!
Which treat looks best to you?